Publicly available since Nov 1st.
Anybody can start one at AwesomeBox.com.
During private beta, we delivered AwesomeBoxes for…
… birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, bridal showers, baby showers, thank-yous, academic tenures, ordinations and get-wells. Two AwesomeBoxes were made for people fighting cancer. One arrived in time for the recipient to experience the love and memories with her family. She passed away the next morning.
- For Thanksgiving, one group is creating a “Gratitude AwesomeBox” for a family gathering. Each family member is making cards about what they’re most thankful for this year.
- Another group is collecting memories for a family reunion.
- Some AwesomeBoxes are already underway for Hanukkah and Christmas.
What customers are saying
- “I created an AwesomeBox for my sister’s birthday. I absolutely LOVE this product.”
— AweBox Host
- “You have made my Grandmother the happiest woman on the planet. She was starting to get world weary a little bit — but she is OVER THE MOON HAPPY with her AwesomeBox. In fact, I think you’ve helped give her a new lease on life. Thank You so much for this excellent, community-minded, uber-human gift. Best gift she’s ever received and she’s 96 years old, so that’s saying a lot!”— AweBox Participant
- “We created an AwesomeBox instead of a (Shutterfly) Photo Book for my cousins wedding. (It’s much easier and better).“ — AweBox Host
- “I love that it was extremely easy! … I kept thinking I needed to wait until I got home and could focus for a few minutes. But then when I actually did it I was like shit, that was really easy!! Which is cool.” — AweBox Participant
- “I can’t wait to make another one for my mother-in-law over the holidays, collaborating so all her grandchildren are represented. There are so many occasions for AwesomeBox to bring smiles.” — AweBox Host
We’re still a little star struck by a few cards — one by Jerry Rice of the 49ers (below) and another by Stevie Nicks from Fleetwood Mac. Behavioral Economist Dan Arielyalso made an AwesomeBox, and we think he’s kinda a rock star too.